Design & Production Internship
MARTAN is a fashion label based in Amsterdam that aims to save discarded high quality textiles from the luxury hotel industry and turn them into surprising outfits. We are currently looking for a full-time intern (40 hours per week) to join our team for 5-6 months. As an intern you will be an essential part to our small but fast growing company and you will be able to take on as much responsibility as you feel ready for. The internship can be designed to meet your learning goals. These are the tasks that we currently need help with:
DESIGN - Assisting our head designer
- Creating samples
- Sewing one-of-a-kind pieces
Skills needed: strong sewing / tailoring skills and attention for detail
PRODUCTION - Assisting the production of our ready-to-wear line
- Creating tech packs
- Following up with factories
- Sourcing producers & materials
- Quality control
Skills needed: Illustrator / Photoshop and (preferably) Clo3D
- Various different tasks will come up as we are a small, collaborative and dynamic team.
What we are looking for someone who:
- Is highly motivated
- Has attention for detail
- Is passionate about design, sewing and sustainability
- Is energized & has a positive mindset
What we offer:
- A small but fast growing fun and motivated team
- Internship allowance and lunch is included
- Freedom to define your tasks in the internship to meet your learning goals
- An inspiring work environment on the Amsterdam canals (Prinsengracht).
Interested? Send your portfolio, CV and a motivation letter (or video) to firstname.lastname@example.org.